Thursday, February 12, 2015

Sleeping Habits

Alright, so one of the comments I hear most from health teachers and doctors is how much sleep a teenager really needs. I have always been a bit of an odd sleeper, because I find it hard to go to sleep at night, and I end up sleeping late the next morning. Recently, I've been stepping it up a notch, as I've been busy working on ideas for my blogs and waking up very late the next day. I hear all the time from both my parents and from doctors that this type of sleeping style is unhealthy and could do damage to my brain. I look at it this way; as long as I still get the proper amount of sleeping hours, which I do, and I don't have anything the next morning, which I don't, than I think it is fine. Just like eating meals, sleeping during the night and waking in the morning is something humans developed over time. However, just like eating at odd hours, sleeping at odd hours is different, not necessarily dangerous. It's just a lifestyle choice. I don't have any fancy stats to throw at you to prove I'm right, nor do I necessarily think I'm right. I'm happy with how I live, and if that causes me to have a shorter life than so be it. I would rather live 60 happy years than 80 years with people telling me what to do and how to act. When you're 16, both of those numbers sound really high. Just my thoughts.

-Henry

No comments:

Post a Comment